This blended First Aid, CPR and AED program is WSIB Regulation 1101 recognized. It is provided by Premergency Inc. in partnership with the OCA.
This course is an online blended option in which you complete the online component with a successful completion grade of 80% to be granted an interim certification valid until June 30, 2021. Once you complete the online component, you must attend the practical session to be held at OCA (Date to be determined based on COVID-19 Restrictions). Upon successful completion of both the online and practical component, you will be issued a WSIB Regulation 1101 Standard First Aid, CPR and AED certification valid for 3 years.
After completing this course, you will have the knowledge and skills to
- Assess and perform Scene Management, Primary and Secondary Assessment
- Identify Anatomy and Physiology
- Perform Adult, Child and Infant CPR and Choking Procedures
- Perform Automated External Defibrillation (AED)
- Identify Cardiovascular Emergencies – heart attack, angina, stroke and transient ischemic attack (TIA)
- Perform Bleeding and Shock Management
- Identify and managePerform Triage
- Musculoskeletal Injuries – breaks, sprains, strains, dislocations and fractures
- Eye, Head and Spinal Injuries
- Chest and Abdominal Injuries
- Medical Emergencies – diabetes, asthma, anaphylaxis, poisoning and seizures
- Environmental - Hot and Cold – Emergencies
- Identify Moving and lifting techniques
- Perform and Practice Skill and Scenarios
This course is intended for anyone required to have First Aid, CPR and AED at their workplace.
This course has 2 parts:
1) Online certification (you create a profile online and complete an online quiz and 12 first aid modules)
2) Practical component certification at OCA site. (Date to be determined based on COVID-19 Restrictions)