This e-Learning program teaches the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System 2015 (WHMIS) and the Global Harmonized System (GHS) legislation which is currently in force. In Canada, if a workplace uses hazardous products, there must be a WHMIS program in place. Workers must be educated and trained so they understand the hazards and know how to work safely with hazardous products.
After completing this course, you will:
- Have a better insight into how chemicals can be harmful to us
- Understand the various options for controlling chemical hazards
- Be familiar with the various principles of the WHMIS system and how hazard information is communicated in general
- Recognize and understand the specific elements of WHMIS 1988
- Become introduced to the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and labeling of chemicals and understand the changes to WHMIS that its implementation has brought about
- Recognize and understand the specific elements of WHMIS 2015
- Understand where information can be found in the event of an emergency involving a WHMIS controlled product
- Be aware of other WHMIS training that you may need to receive after completing this e-learning course
This course is intended for anyone who uses hazardous products in their place of employment.