14 October1 day, 08:00 AM - 04:00 PM
14 March1 day, 08:00 AM - 04:00 PM
*** Applicants must have successfully completed the online course AND test prior to taking the in-class practical portion ***
Please see e-learning to register for the Standard First Aid online portion: Standard First Aid, CPR & AED Certification - Ottawa Construction Association (oca.ca)
This in-class practical session ensures participants understand and demonstrate the basic functions of First Aid, CPR and AED by covering all major topics, such as: airway, breathing, medical and trauma emergencies, and prevention of disease transmission. This course is suitable for first responders in the workplace and is recognized by WSIB Ontario Regulation 1101 and in accordance to the 2010 ILCOR CPR guidelines.
Duration: 1 Day - In Class - Practical
Certification: CPR/FIRST AID Valid for three years
CPR/FIRST AID Reference Manual, and Wallet Certification Card upon successful completion.
Once the course roster is received by Premergency applicants will be able to reference their certification online in case a card is misplaced in the future.
Practical Skills Content:
- Scene Management, Primary and Secondary Assessment
- Adult, Child and Infant CPR and Choking Procedures
- Automated External Defibrillation (AED)
- Cardiovascular Emergencies and Shock Management
- Musculoskeletal Injuries – breaks, sprains, strains, dislocations and fractures
- Eye, Head and Spinal Injuries
- Chest and Abdominal Injuries
- Medical Emergencies – diabetes, asthma, anaphylaxis, poisoning and seizures
- Environmental - Hot and Cold – Emergencies
- Moving and lifting
- Practice skills and Scenarios
**Please note, physical distancing will be maintained and upon registering, participants are required to bring their own mask, hand sanitizer and lunch (30 minutes). **
Dean DiMonte - Founder and Lead Instructor for Premergency Inc.
Dean has been an instructor for over 30 years based on his experience as a land and flight paramedic. He makes the course engaging, fun and realistic to meet your first aid requirements in the workplace.