05 October3 Sessions - 4 hours eachOnline
Session 1Tue 05 Oct 10:30 EDT - Tue 05 Oct 14:30 EDTOnline
Session 2Wed 06 Oct 10:30 EDT - Wed 06 Oct 14:30 EDTOnline
Session 3Thu 07 Oct 10:30 EDT - Thu 07 Oct 14:30 EDTOnline
- Member Pricing $599.00 excl. Tax
- $749.00 excl. Tax
Whether you are a Project Owner, Consultant, or Contractor, understanding the many different project delivery options for a particular project is critical to its success. Moreover, ensuring that all project stakeholders understand their roles and responsibilities for the selected project delivery is fundamental for building trust, honesty and respect.
Through a team of multi-disciplinary trainers with decades of experience, this Workshop will discuss the characteristics, risks, benefits and disadvantages of the various project delivery methods. Each presenter will give you key insights to the success of each delivery method from the perspective of a Project Owner, Consultant and Contractor. In addition, they will draw your attention to a few key CCDC clauses that are critical to the effectiveness of each project delivery method.
Project delivery methods covered in this workshop include:
- Construction Management for Services
- Construction Management for Services and Construction
- Integrated Project Delivery
- Methods Involving Land, Finance, Operation or Maintenance
Using a hands-on, practical approach, this workshop will also give you an opportunity to apply what you learn by guiding you through an interactive exercise of assisting a “client” in determining an appropriate project delivery method.
Remember when it comes to contracts, it’s not about your own thoughts and assumptions; it’s about what is “written”!
For each Project Delivery Method, you will:
- Learn the key characteristics
- Understand when best to use
- Discuss projects that succeeded with the model and those that did not
- Acquire key insights for success from the perspective of Owner, Consultant and Contractor
- Demonstrate your knowledge of the advantages and disadvantages, risk mitigation and project approach
- Live, Online, Instructor-led training, with a maximum class size of 20 students.
- This workshop is facilitated on the Zoom platform. Access information from the instructor will be provided to you in advance of the orientation and training.
- Orientation Session (30 minutes):
- Three (3) morning sessions (4 hours each) over 3 daysAttendance and participation in all three workshop sessions is mandatory for workshop completion. *Please note that If a student misses a class session, we are unable to transfer registration or provide a partial refund of the registration fees.
- Day 1: Tuesday Oct 5, 2021 10:30am-2:30 pm EST
- Day 2: Wednesday, Oct 6 10:30am-2:30 pm EST
- Day 3: Thursday, Oct 7 10:30am-2:30 pm EST
This workshop was designed by an inter-disciplinary ICI team with the intention of fostering dialogue and understanding between stakeholders across the ICI sector. We recommend this workshop for:
- General Contractors and Subcontractors:
- Construction Company Owners/Managers
- Project Managers
- Commercial Managers
- Business Development Managers
- Project Owners
- Third Party Project Managers (For the Project Owner)
- P3 Developers
- Architects and Engineers
- Bonding and Insurance specialists
Please note the following requirements to ensure your successful learning experience!
1. This workshop will involve 100% on-screen interaction with the instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses.
- Computer/Laptop mandatory: Attendees are not permitted to attend via a tablet or cell phone
- Webcams are mandatory and are expected to be turned on during all course sessions.
2. Every person able to see, hear, and observe the virtual course sessions must be a paid participant. Non-compliance of this requirement will result in removal from the course. Refunds will not be issued to students who are removed from the course for non-compliance.
- Virtual backgrounds are not permitted
- Group attendance via one paid registration is not permitted
3. Students are expected to be fully engaged in the class
- Clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program
- Please make sure you secure a quiet space with minimal distractions
- Debbie Hicks, BSc | DSH Consulting - Workshop Facilitator
- Elisa Brandts, AAA, OAA, NSAA, FRAIC | Stantec, Managing Senior Principal
- Bill Chomik, AAA, SAA, OAA, AIBC, FRAIC, RCA – Kasian, Senior Principal, VP Institutional
- Hugh Loughborough, P. Eng., GSC
- Mark Scharf, BA, MHA