01 November3 sessions, 4 hours eachOnline
Session 1Tue 01 Nov 10:30 EDT - Tue 01 Nov 14:30 EDTOnline
Session 2Wed 02 Nov 10:30 EDT - Wed 02 Nov 14:30 EDTOnline
Session 3Thu 03 Nov 10:30 EDT - Thu 03 Nov 14:30 EDTOnline
- Member Pricing $649.00 excl. Tax
- $799.00 excl. Tax
It’s no longer just a low-bid world. Project owners are seeking construction expertise through pre-qualification or the request for proposal process. Whether you’re a project owner seeking proposals, a consultant creating, reviewing or participating in proposals or the contractors responding to them, everyone needs to do it well for the success of project.
A team of trainers will review each stage of the RFP process from the perspectives of a project owner, consultant and contractor and you’ll gain key insights about what to consider for successful progression. Packed with tips and suggestions on how to make sure each partner is successful in their proposal pursuit, you’ll walk away with actionable knowledge you can put to work on the job immediately.
- Preparing a successful Request for Qualification (RFQ)
- Project Owner’s mindset in soliciting a Request for Proposal (RFP) competition
- Best practices when successfully responding to an RFP
- Developing a winning RFP strategy
- Prepare for and exceling in the interview
Using a hands-on, practical approach, this course will also give you an opportunity to apply what you learn by guiding you through an interactive exercise of presenting your proposal to the ‘client.’ This activity will give you the opportunity to receive guidance and feedback from our training team that will help you to hone your skills in responding to proposals.
This workshop was designed by an inter-disciplinary ICI team with the intention of fostering dialogue and understanding between stakeholders across the ICI sector. We recommend this workshop for:
- Subcontractors new to ‘proposal invitation’ activities
- General contractors responding to any project delivery method process
- Design consultants creating, reviewing or participating in the process for design-build or integrated project delivery
- Project owners or P3 developers seeking qualified contractors or issuing a proposal request
Course Requirements (Technology & Participation)
This course requires full face-to-face interaction and participation from both the instructor and students. In order to attend, you’ll must make sure you have the following:
- Computer or laptop with webcam (webcams are mandatory): This course will involve 100% on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, you must have a webcam and use a full computer/laptop, and we do not permit students to attend using a tablet or cell phone.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions: Please plan to be fully engaged in the class, and clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program
Live, Online, Instructor-led training, with a multi-discipline training team and a maximum class size of 25 students.
- This is a highly interactive course facilitated by the instructor on the Zoom platform.
- You will be expected to have your webcam on during the whole class and participate in break-out rooms, small-group discussions, and other activities with your instructor and classmates during the course.
- Zoom access information will be provided to you in advance of the training by your instructor
- Full attendance and participation in all four sessions is mandatory for course completion. If a student misses a class session, we are unable to transfer registration or provide a partial refund of the registration fees.
This course is delivered in partnership with local construction associations across western Canada and Ontario. You will be participating with a cohort of industry peers from throughout these regions.
A short orientation session (30 min) with your course instructor will be held via Zoom before the course (usually scheduled in the week before). During the orientation, your instructor will go over course information and familiarize you with the Zoom tools you’ll be using.
This course is delivered by a team of multi-disciplined trainers. You'll gain perspectives from all sides of the industry!
- Debbie Hicks - Facilitator
- Mark Scharf - Project Owner
- Terry Danelley - Consultant
- Dean Slater - Project Owner and Contractor