06 March3 sessions, 4 hours eachOnline
Session 1Wed 06 Mar 11:00 EST - Wed 06 Mar 15:00 ESTOnline
Session 2Thu 07 Mar 11:00 EST - Thu 07 Mar 15:00 ESTOnline
Session 3Fri 08 Mar 11:00 EST - Fri 08 Mar 15:00 ESTOnline
- Member Pricing $649.00 excl. Tax
- $849.00 excl. Tax
For the first time, we are bringing virtual instructor-led expertise to your office through the synergy of multi-disciplinary trainers’ knowledge that has only been delivered at conferences. Three trainers (Project Owner, Consultant and Contractor) will share their perspectives and expertise. And it gets better! In the past, conference presentations have been focused on a one-way exchange of know-how from the speakers to you. This workshop moves beyond that one-way exchange to allow you to apply what you have learned and provides the opportunity for participants to ask questions and tap into the extensive real-life experience and expertise of the diversity of our accomplished trainers.
“Learning from your own mistakes is EXPERIENCE: Learning from the mistakes of others is WISDOM. Come and experience both the experience and wisdom of your trainers.”
Whether you are a Project Owner, Consultant, or Contractor, selecting the proper project delivery method for a particular project is critical to its success. Moreover, ensuring that all project stakeholders understand their roles and responsibilities for the selected project delivery is fundamental for building trust, honesty and respect.
This Workshop will discuss the characteristics, risks, benefits and disadvantages of the various project delivery methods. Each delivery method will be reviewed from the perspectives of the Project Owner, Consultant and Contractor. You will gain insights to the success of each delivery method from each trainer’s experience and be pointed to the clauses in CCDC 2, 5A, 5B, 14, and 15 that are critical to the effectiveness of each delivery method.
Project delivery methods covered in this workshop include:
- Construction Management for Services
- Construction Management for Services and Construction
- Integrated Project Delivery
- Methods Involving Land, Finance, Operation or Maintenance
Using a hands-on, practical approach, this workshop will also give you an opportunity to apply what you learn by guiding you through an interactive exercise of assisting a “client” in determining an appropriate project delivery method.
For each Project Delivery Method, you will:
- Learn the key characteristics of each delivery method
- Understand when best to use each delivery method
- Discuss and review projects that both succeeded and failed with each project delivery method
- Acquire key insights for success from the perspective of Project Owner, Consultant and Contractor
Demonstrate your knowledge of the advantages and disadvantages, risk mitigation and project approach
This course is worth two Gold Seal Credits
- Live, Online, Instructor-led training, with a maximum class size of 25 students.
- This workshop is facilitated on the Zoom platform. Access information from the instructor will be provided to you in advance of the orientation and training.
- Orientation Session (30 minutes) typically one week before the course start date
- Three ½ day sessions (4 hours each) over 3 days
- The course curriculum is very extensive and requires a commitment by each participant to come prepared having read the written material circulated in advance of the course date. The pre-reading is essential to allow each participant to optimize his/her learning and to keep pace with the flow of the session in order for each individual to acquire a strong foundation of the subject matter.
- Attendance and participation in all three workshop sessions is mandatory for workshop completion. *Please note that if a student misses a class session, we are unable to transfer registration or provide a partial refund of the registration fees.
This workshop was designed by an inter-disciplinary ICI team with the intention of fostering dialogue and understanding between stakeholders across the ICI sector. We recommend this workshop for:
- General Contractors and Subcontractors:
- Construction Company Owners/Managers
- Project Managers
- Commercial Managers
- Business Development Managers
- Project Owners
- Third Party Project Managers (For the Project Owner)
- P3 Developers
- Architects and Engineers
- Bonding and Insurance specialists
WORKSHOP REQUIREMENTS (TECHNOLOGY & PARTICIPATION)
Please note the following requirements to ensure your successful learning experience!
1. This workshop will involve 100% on-screen interaction with the instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses.
- Computer/Laptop mandatory: Attendees are not permitted to attend via a tablet or cell phone
- Webcams are mandatory and are expected to be turned on during all course sessions.
2. Every person able to see, hear, and observe the virtual course sessions must be a paid participant. Non-compliance of this requirement will result in removal from the course. Refunds will not be issued to students who are removed from the course for non-compliance.
- Virtual backgrounds are not permitted
- Group attendance via one paid registration is not permitted
3. Students are expected to be fully engaged in the class
- Clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program
- Please make sure you secure a quiet space with minimal distractions
A team of multi-discipline experts will provide you with exceptional feedback, great insight and actionable strategies. We look forward to sharing this expertise with you.