25 October3 session, 4 hours eachOnline
Session 1Tue 25 Oct 10:30 EDT - Tue 25 Oct 14:30 EDTOnline
Session 2Wed 26 Oct 10:30 EDT - Wed 26 Oct 14:30 EDTOnline
Session 3Thu 27 Oct 10:30 EDT - Thu 27 Oct 14:30 EDTOnline
- Member Pricing $649.00 excl. Tax
- Member Pricing $649.00 excl. Tax
- $849.00 excl. Tax
Whether you are a contractor, project owner or consultant, understanding project delivery options and choosing the best method for your project is fundamental to your success. Making sure all project stakeholders understand their roles and responsibilities for the chosen project delivery method is critical for building trust, honesty and respect.
Facilitated by Debbie Hicks and a multi-disciplinary training team, you will gain expert insight into key considerations for evaluating and selecting a project delivery method, including project-specific needs and priorities, allocation of risk, team members’ expertise, success measurements, budget and schedule.
You’ll review each project delivery method from the perspectives of a project owner, consultant, and contractor as well as the clauses in CCDC 2, 5A, 5B, 14, and 15 that are critical to each delivery method’s success. Delivery methods covered in this course include:
- Construction management for services
- Construction management for services and construction
- Integrated project delivery
- Methods involving land, finance, operation or maintenance
Using a hands-on, practical approach, this course will also give you an opportunity to apply what you learn by guiding you through an interactive exercise of assisting a client in determining an appropriate project delivery method.
- Key characteristics of each project delivery method
- When to use each project delivery method
- Review projects that both succeeded and failed with each project delivery method
- Advantages and disadvantages of each project delivery method
- Risk mitigation factors for each project delivery method
This course was designed by an inter-disciplinary ICI team with the intention of fostering dialogue and understanding between stakeholders across the ICI sector. We recommend this course for
- General Contractors and Subcontractors: Construction Company Owners/Managers, Project Managers, Commercial Managers, Business Development Managers
- Project Owners, Third Party Project Managers (For the Project Owner), and P3 Developers
- Architects and Engineers
- Allied Professionals including: Bonding and Insurance specialists, Lawyers
Please note the following requirements to ensure your successful learning experience!
1. This workshop will involve 100% on-screen interaction with the instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses.
- Computer/Laptop mandatory: Attendees are not permitted to attend via a tablet or cell phone
- Webcams are mandatory and are expected to be turned on during all course sessions.
2. Every person able to see, hear, and observe the virtual course sessions must be a paid participant. Non-compliance of this requirement will result in removal from the course. Refunds will not be issued to students who are removed from the course for non-compliance.
- Virtual backgrounds are not permitted
- Group attendance via one paid registration is not permitted
3. Students are expected to be fully engaged in the class
- Clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program
- Please make sure you secure a quiet space with minimal distractions
- Debbie Hicks, BSc | DSH Consulting - Workshop Facilitator
- Elisa Brandts, AAA, OAA, NSAA, FRAIC | Stantec, Managing Senior Principal
- Bill Chomik, AAA, SAA, OAA, AIBC, FRAIC, RCA – Kasian, Senior Principal, VP Institutional
- Hugh Loughborough, P. Eng., GSC
- Mark Scharf, BA, MHA