11 June3 sessions, 4 hours eachOnline
Session 1Tue 11 Jun 10:30 EDT - Tue 11 Jun 14:30 EDTOnline
Session 2Wed 12 Jun 10:30 EDT - Wed 12 Jun 14:30 EDTOnline
Session 3Thu 13 Jun 10:30 EDT - Thu 13 Jun 14:30 EDTOnline
- Member Pricing $649.00 excl. Tax
- $849.00 excl. Tax
For the first time, we are bringing virtual instructor-led expertise to your office through the synergy of multi-disciplinary trainers’ knowledge that has only been delivered at conferences. Three trainers (Project Owner, Consultant and Contractor) will share their perspectives and expertise. And it gets better! In the past, conference presentations have been focused on a one-way exchange of know-how from the speakers to you. This course moves beyond that one-way exchange to allow you to apply what you have learned and provides the opportunity for participants to ask questions and tap into the extensive real-life experience and expertise of the diversity of our accomplished trainers.
“Learning from your own mistakes is EXPERIENCE: Learning from the mistakes of others is WISDOM. Come and experience both the experience and wisdom of your trainers.”
Innovation, Performance and Trust are the Cornerstones for Design-Build. From the Project Owner creating their Statement of Requirements, to the Consultants understanding their unique roles, to the Contractor developing and implementing practices to optimize Design Build performance, all partners need to grasp the differences of the Design-Build Delivery Method.
This Workshop covers the unique contractual conditions when a Project Owner employs this Project Delivery Method and essential insights for improving your chances of success with Design Build. We will focus on the crucial clauses in the CCDC 14 + 15 contracts and the fundamental elements of Design-Build for project success. Delivered by a training team of ICI practitioners, you will gain insight into the technical skills, as well as the challenges and opportunities from each partners’ perspective, making this Workshop the “sharp arrow you need in your quiver”.
- Gain an understanding of the Design Build process
- Recognize when to use Design Build as a Project Delivery Method
- Learn how to improve your chances of project success with Design Build
- Understand the Project Owner's Initial Action Items
- Determine how to procure and evaluate Design Build services
- Learn the roles and responsibilities of each partner for team success
- Become familiar with best practices to optimize Design Build performance
- Understand the key clauses in CCDC 14 & 15
- Learn the key elements to focus on for project success
- Acquire key insights into the challenges and opportunities with the Design Build Delivery Method
- Learn the key drivers to developing a Design Build organization
This course is worth two Gold Seal Credits
- Live, Online, Instructor-led training, with a maximum class size of 25 students.
- This workshop is facilitated on the Zoom platform. Access information from the instructor will be provided to you in advance of the orientation and training.
- Orientation Session (30 minutes) typically one week before the course start date
- Three ½ day sessions (4 hours each) over 3 days
- The course curriculum is very extensive and requires a commitment by each participant to come prepared having read the written material circulated in advance of the course date. The pre-reading is essential to allow each participant to optimize his/her learning and to keep pace with the flow of the session in order for each individual to acquire a strong foundation of the subject matter.
- Attendance and participation in all three workshop sessions is mandatory for workshop completion. *Please note that if a student misses a class session, we are unable to transfer registration or provide a partial refund of the registration fees.
Understanding the keys to success for Design Build is important for all industry partners! This course is most applicable to mid to upper management personnel who will actively be working on Design Build projects and administering the contracts, including:
- General Contractors and Subcontractors:
- Construction Company Owners/Managers
- Project Managers
- Commercial Managers
- Business Development Managers
- Project Owners – Public and Private (including procurement personnel)
- Third-party Project Managers (for the Project Owner)
- Architects and Engineers
- Bonding and Insurance Specialists
A team of multi-discipline experts will provide you with exceptional feedback, great insight and actionable strategies. We look forward to sharing this expertise with you.
Please note the following requirements to ensure your successful learning experience!
WORKSHOP REQUIREMENTS (TECHNOLOGY & PARTICIPATION)
1. This workshop will involve 100% on-screen interaction with the instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses.
- Computer/Laptop mandatory: Attendees are not permitted to attend via a tablet or cell phone
- Webcams are mandatory and are expected to be turned on during all course sessions.
2. Every person able to see, hear, and observe the virtual course sessions must be a paid participant. Non-compliance of this requirement will result in removal from the course. Refunds will not be issued to students who are removed from the course for non-compliance.
- Virtual backgrounds are not permitted
- Group attendance via one paid registration is not permitted
3. Students are expected to be fully engaged in the class
- Clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program
- Please make sure you secure a quiet space with minimal distractions
A short orientation session (30 min) with your course instructor will be held via Zoom before the course (usually scheduled in the week before). During the orientation, your instructor will go over course information and familiarize you with the Zoom tools you’ll be using.