07 November2 sessions, 3 hours eachOnline
Session 1Tue 07 Nov 13:00 EST - Tue 07 Nov 16:00 ESTOnline
Session 2Thu 09 Nov 13:00 EST - Thu 09 Nov 16:00 ESTOnline
- Member Pricing $685.00 excl. Tax
- $735.00 excl. Tax
- Use MS Project for better communication with site, trades, within your company and with customers.
- Transfer your years of experience and the information you have to new hires.
- Standardize Project Plans to facilitate communication and make project documents and Gantt Charts easier to read.
- Create a Master Template to streamline the project planning and project tracking processes.
- Industry best practises for tracking of projects. Save time by creating As-Builts’ as you go along. At the end of the project and in the event of claims or disputes, the records are complete.
- Change Management and documentation of change orders.
- Resource Management – Equipment, Subcontractors, Trades, Crews – creating updated work calendars.
- Creating 2 and 4 week ‘Look-Ahead’ reports and check lists for site supervisors.
- Using early warning systems such as Earned Value, Cash Flow and other costing reports to identify problems early in the process to get the project back on track.
Learn to streamline project tracking. Create the As-Builts’ as you go along and reap the benefits of an improved PM process. Enable better communications between managers, site and subs. Have accurate records of what is going on onsite at all times. Be able to anticipate the effects of changes. Use the tools in MS Project to easily communicate these changes. Produce the reports and graphs at the press of a button.
Industry best practises for planning and tracking of projects, resource management, management of subcontractors and cost control:
- 1. Advanced features in MS Project Scheduling and Cost Control.
- Using filters, views and custom columns to generate project plans efficiently
- Manageable sectioning and other industry best practises
- Manpower loading
- Work profiles and reporting
- Generating 2 week ‘Look-Ahead’ reports and check lists for site supervisors
- Resource Schedules
- Vacation Schedules
- Rate tables
- Standardizing Calendars and Templates
- Custom fields, functions and formulas
- Tracking and Reporting Project changes and delays
- Multiple Baselines and Interim Plans
- Hammock Tasks
- Risk Management - anticipating then mitigating or capitalizing on changes
- Advanced filters and groups
- Understanding early warning systems such as Earned Value, Cash Flow and other costing reports to identify problems early in the process to get the project back on track
- Reporting Actuals
- Compare baselines and As-Built’s for claims processes
- Current activities, slipping task and completed task reports
For the PM, estimator, site super, who has used MS Project
Prerequisites: MS Project for Construction or Intermediate User of MS Project
This is a hands-on webinar. We will utilize screen sharing software and file-sharing software to present the course and exercises. Attendees can share their screen to get personalized assistance with their work.