PCST has been designed to help the worker know how to respond to worksite health and safety issues by taking the worker through the entire pipeline process from construction to inspection.
Develop the critical skills and learn the concepts required to supervise a construction crew, maximize productivity and quality, and ensure a job gets done on time, on budget, and safely.
- Build supervisory skills.
- Understand the difference between leadership and management.
- Communicate effectively.
- Lead a work crew.
- Plan and schedule.
- Manage effective meetings.
- Understand the supervisor’s role in safety and due diligence.
- Develop and motivate teams.
- Handle disagreements and problems.
- Address personal problems and performance issues.
This course uses interactive elements, scenarios, videos, and quizzes to reinforce learning.
For supervisors, foremen, or any individual who wants to become a First Level Supervisors.
The course has been designed to help familiarize pipeline workers with the unique safety requirements associated with working in the pipeline construction industry.
Certification Expiry Period
Note: A 5-year expiry period applies to courses completed on/after January 1, 2014. Courses completed before January 1, 2014 have a 3-year expiry period.