This training program will provide you with the knowledge and skills to visualize the scope and magnitude of a construction project and produce reliable estimates. This is accomplished by reviewing drawings through various phases of a project with the aim of determining the quantity and type of materials required for the project.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the building practices involved in the construction process
- Consider factors that affect labour and operational costs when preparing estimates
- Consider the management of materials for an estimate
- Describe how to maintain systems for managing records
- Know how to produce accurate and professional estimates
- Know how to assemble bids and meet bid closure deadlines
- Explain different types of changes and their impacts on projects
This course has been accredited by the Canadian Construction Association (CCA) for two (2) credits toward Gold Seal Certification. A final mark of 100% is required in order to receive a certificate of completion.
This course is intended for people working in estimating or any individual who wants to become an estimator in any part of the country, in any sector (residential, industrial, commercial, institutional, pipeline, civil).
This course is available online in English and French. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you prefer French.