29 May3 sessions, 4 hours eachOnline
Session 1Wed 29 May 10:30 EDT - Wed 29 May 14:30 EDTOnline
Session 2Thu 30 May 10:30 EDT - Thu 30 May 14:30 EDTOnline
Session 3Fri 31 May 10:30 EDT - Fri 31 May 14:30 EDTOnline
- Member Pricing $649.00 excl. Tax
- $849.00 excl. Tax
For the first time, we are bringing virtual instructor-led expertise to your office through the synergy of multi-disciplinary trainers’ knowledge that has only been delivered at conferences. Three trainers (Project Owner, Consultant and Contractor) will share their perspectives and expertise. And it gets better! In the past, conference presentations have been focused on a one-way exchange of know-how from the speakers to you. This workshop moves beyond that one-way exchange to allow you to apply what you have learned and provides the opportunity for participants to ask questions and tap into the extensive real-life experience and expertise of the diversity of our accomplished trainers.
“Learning from your own mistakes is EXPERIENCE: Learning from the mistakes of others is WISDOM. Come and experience both the experience and wisdom of your trainers.”
Whether you are the:
- Project Owner or P3 Developer seeking qualified contractors or issuing a proposal request,
- Design Consultant creating, reviewing or participating in the process for Design Build or Integrated Project Delivery,
- General Contractor responding to any project delivery method process, or the
- Subcontractor new to the "Invitation" activities,
this workshop will share decades of expertise from the perspectives of the Project Owner, Consultant and Contractor on each stage of the proposal process and discuss how to make sure each partner is successful in the pursuit. Packed with tips and suggestions; you’ll walk away with actionable knowledge you can put to work on the job immediately.
In this workshop you will:
- Learn the key ingredients to prepare a successful Request for Qualification (RFQ)
- Understand the Project Owner’s mindset in soliciting a Request for Proposal (RFP) competition
- Identify “homework” to be done prior to responding to the RFQ/RFP
- Familiarize yourself with best practices when successfully responding to an RFP
- Develop a winning RFP strategy
- Recognize the same techniques for successful Subcontractor submissions
- Understand how to prepare for, manage and excel in the Interview
- Learn about Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and create ideas on how to demonstrate your CSR Strategy
- Apply learnings to an RFP case study and table your RFP mini proposal to an evaluation panel
- Enhance your presentation skills by participating in an RFP interview simulation
This course is worth two Gold Seal Credits
- Live, Online, Instructor-led training, with a maximum class size of 25 students.
- This workshop is facilitated on the Zoom platform. Access information from the instructor will be provided to you in advance of the orientation and training.
- See spreadsheet for dates and times https://1drv.ms/x/s!ArtSus-dFNU0sxixiCXmIgeGFHON
- Orientation Session (30 minutes)
- Three ½ day sessions (4 hours each) over 3 days
- The course curriculum is very extensive and requires a commitment by each participant to come prepared having read the written material circulated in advance of the course date. The pre-reading is essential to allow each participant to optimize his/her learning and to keep pace with the flow of the session in order for each individual to acquire a strong foundation of the subject matter.
- Attendance and participation in all three workshop sessions is mandatory for workshop completion. *Please note that if a student misses a class session, we are unable to transfer registration or provide a partial refund of the registration fees.
This workshop was designed by an inter-disciplinary ICI team with the intention of fostering dialogue and understanding between stakeholders across the ICI sector. We recommend this workshop for:
- General Contractors and Subcontractors:
- Construction Company Owners/Managers
- Project Managers
- Business Development Managers
- Commercial Project Managers
- Project Owners
- Third party Project Managers (for the Project Owner)
- P3 Developers
- Architects and Engineers
Please note the following requirements to ensure your successful learning experience!
WORKSHOP REQUIREMENTS (TECHNOLOGY & PARTICIPATION)
1. This workshop will involve 100% on-screen interaction with the instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses.
- Computer/Laptop mandatory: Attendees are not permitted to attend via a tablet or cell phone
- Webcams are mandatory and are expected to be turned on during all course sessions.
2. Every person able to see, hear, and observe the virtual course sessions must be a paid participant. Non-compliance of this requirement will result in removal from the course. Refunds will not be issued to students who are removed from the course for non-compliance.
- Virtual backgrounds are not permitted
- Group attendance via one paid registration is not permitted
3. Students are expected to be fully engaged in the class
- Clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program
- Please make sure you secure a quiet space with minimal distractions
A short orientation session (30 min) with your course instructor will be held via Zoom before the course (usually scheduled in the week before). During the orientation, your instructor will go over course information and familiarize you with the Zoom tools you’ll be using.
A team of multi-discipline experts will provide you with exceptional feedback, great insight and actionable strategies. We look forward to sharing this expertise with you.