The issue of systemic racism in the workplace has received considerable attention over the past several years. Even in their most benign forms, unconscious biases within an organization can have profound impacts on Black, Indigenous and People of Colour by limiting their potential for growth and eroding their personal wellbeing.
In recognition of the need for greater awareness around this subject, BuildForce Canada has developed the Introduction to Understanding Systemic Racism e-learning course. Created with the input of an advisory committee composed of professionals from Black, Indigenous and People of Colour communities within the construction industry, the program is designed to help industry leaders and managers gain a better appreciation of the issues around systemic racism, and to furnish them with tools to recognize, mitigate and eliminate the influence of unconscious bias on decision making within their respective organizations. For leaders and managers. Use the best practices of inclusive organizations around the world to address issues of systemic racism.
Use the best practices of inclusive organizations around the world to address issues of systemic racism.
- Understand the concepts of racism, systemic racism, systemic bias, and unconscious bias.
- Understand the intent vs. impact dilemma.
- Recognize and reduce your unconscious bias as a leader and manager.
- Recognize different levels of systemic bias in your organization.
- Have a tool kit of strategies and supporting methods to eliminate/reduce systemic bias in your organization.
For Leaders and Managers
This course is worth 0.5 Gold Seal Credits and its available in English and French. Email email@example.com if you would like the French version.